Our Alanson church is part of the Church of the Nazarene. The Nazarene in our name refers to Jesus who was raised in the town of Nazareth. The Church of the Nazarene is a Wesleyan denomination with theological roots in John Wesley's preaching and writing. The church of the Nazarene as a denomination will celebrate its centennial in 2008.
- In one God - the Father, Son, and Spirit.
- That the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- That human beings are born with a fallen nature, and are, therefore, inclined to evil and that continually.
- That those who do not repent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race and that whoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified, regenerated, and saved from the dominion of sin.
- That believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and to the entire sanctification of believers.
- That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.